In her CASH Executive Officer statement, Lisa Silverman provided the following updates on the CA State Allocation Board’s latest meeting:
April 2021 Priority Funding Apportionments—
- At its April 28, 2021 meeting, the SAB approved funding apportionments for $519.4 million for 229 projects from 114 school districts that participated in the twentieth priority funding filing round.
- Of these projects, applicants that are required to submit a Fund Release Authorization (Form SAB 50-05) from an Authorized District Representative must do so by the end of the day on July 27, 2021 to the Office of Public School Construction (OPSC).
- The Form SAB 50-05 and supporting documentation may be submitted electronically through our OPSC Online System or emailed to OPSC ApplicationReviewTeam@dgs.ca.gov.
OPSC will continue to accept hard copy versions that are mailed, or hand delivered to the Office of Public School Construction at 707 Third Street, 6th Floor, West Sacramento, CA 95605.
Current Priority Funding Filing Round is Open—
- As of May 12, 2021, the 21st Priority Funding filing period began and will close on June 10, 2021. Applicants are encouraged to submit Priority Funding requests electronically through OPSC Online. Staff is also accepting Priority Funding requests with electronic signatures via email. All requests must be received by OPSC before the end of the day on June 10, 2021.
- These requests will be valid from July 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021.
- All projects receiving an Unfunded Approval through the May 2021 Board meeting will be eligible to submit a request.
Virtual School Facility Program (SFP) Training Series —
- Since the April 28, 2021 board meeting, OPSC has held one more free virtual training workshop. The most recent workshop on April 30, 2021 covered the submittal of a fund release authorization through OPSC Online. The session guided attendees on how to create, review, and submit a fund release authorization and how to upload documents and track an authorization’s progress.
- To date, OPSC has offered 11 Virtual Training workshops and had over 753 participants in these events.
- Interested parties who wish to receive training information notifications are encouraged to sign up on the email list link available on the webpage. All online trainings will be archived to OPSC’s YouTube channel for future access.