CASBO’s 2019 annual convention featured a presentation by EH&A’s president Eric Hall and Kevin MacQuarrie, Principal at WLC Architects, entitled “The Architect Selection Process: A Critical Investment in the District’s Future Facilities.”
The presentation focused on four main aspects of the architect selection process:
- The District’s planning strategies before issuing an RFQ, namely, establishing a clear understanding of the project’s scope, schedule, and budget.
- Best practices for issuing an RFQ or RFP, conducting and scoring interviews, and creating an architect pool.
- Negotiating an agreement, with a focus on the nuances involved in fee negotiation.
- Finally, the key aspects of nurturing a strong Owner/Architect relationship, primarily, a recognition that given current market-forces school districts will benefit by becoming “districts of choice” who recognize and value the importance of building strong partnerships with their architects.
If you would like to talk with Eric or Kevin about these issues, please feel free to contact them:
- Eric Hall: (760) 602-9352, eric@EHandA.com
- Kevin MacQuarrie, AIA: (510) 450-1999, firstname.lastname@example.org